Shrimp, also known as prawns is hands-down one of the easiest meats to cook. It’s the perfect quick weeknight meal, or you can elevate a shrimp dish into a 5-star meal/app.
This recipe on spiced paprika Caribbean-style shrimp is a wonderful appetizer for small get togethers that’s sure to knock your hosting out of the park.
Let me know how it goes, and don’t forget to check out my Instagram for more ideas!
Spiced-Paprika Caribbean-Style Shrimp: Step-By-Step
Prep: 15 minutes | Cooking Time: 15 Minutes | Total Time: 30 Minutes
The Ingredients: What You’ll Need
- 2 lbs of deveined large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of dry oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon of Sazon
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper, or to taste
- Olive oil (for drizzling)
- 1/4 a stick of butter
- 1/4 cup of scallions (also known as green onions)
Cooking The Spiced-Paprika Caribbean-Style Shrimp
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (paprika, onion powder, oregano, salt, black pepper, sazon) and mix together. Set aside.
- Wash shrimp and pat dry with a paper towel.
- This helps the olive oil and seasoning stick to the shrimp!
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over the shrimp and mix so each shrimp is coated
- Add dry mixture seasoning to the coated shrimp and mix again.
- In a non-stick drying pan, turn up your stove dial to medium heat, add butter and wait for ~4 minutes and add shrimp.
- Cook for ~9 minutes.
- Plate and garnish with scallions