Getting sick is never fun. Try living in New York City where your surrounded by hundreds of people who are “under the weather” and everyone sneezing on you while you commute.. There’s only so much Airborne you can take!
As someone who gets sick easily, I was on a mission to build my immune system and pack more vitamin c in my diet. Soup is the perfect low calorie food to get you right on the track when your body just has that ‘run down’ feeling. It’s warm, cozy and it’s SO much healthier. Lemon Coriander (Cilantro) soup is right up there with homemade chicken noodle, not to mention, a great alternative for my vegetarians!
Spicy Lemon Coriander (Cilantro) Soup: Step-By-Step
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 2 tablespoons of fresh crushed black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 whole onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 diced Serrano pepper
- 3 diced carrots
- 1/2 a cabbage head shredded
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped coriander, or cilantro
- 4 1/2 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable broth if you want to go fully vegan)
Making the Lemon Coriander Cilantro Soup
- In a pot, add oil over medium-to-high heat.
- Add onions. After 1 minute add garlic and Serrano peppers.
- Now, add carrots and cabbage. cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, paprika and black pepper (to taste) and stir
- Add broth of choice (chicken or veg)
- Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add coriander and stir. Let simmer for an additional 15 minutes on low heat.
- Enjoy and Serve!